Saturday, April 5, 2008

Pictures from the last week

Once Jacob turned 2, he has started this crazy thing. He likes to put things in lines. He is very precise about where things go. All day long Jacob makes lines. His plate, cup, fork & spoon all have to in a line for every meal. He will make lines across his room, down the hall and down the stair. I'm not sure if he will be very organized when he gets older, but it is fun to watch him. Here he is in our basement and then at Leslie and Melinda's house we kept him entertained giving him things to add to his line so we could play Rook.


For Andrew's birthday we went to our most favorite place, Chuck E Cheese. We only go there for birthdays, so it is a big deal. Andrew has been counting down the days until he turns 4. Everywhere we go he tells people he is 4.

Andrew got Play Doh for his birthday. We have had a lot of fun playing with it.
Andrew chose a Scooby-Doo birthday cake. It was a lot more difficult than Jacob's Elmo. I was happy with how it turned out though. I think we might start a new tradition next year. I'm not sure I can make more difficult cakes.


The other night Doug decided it would be fun to have an indoor snowball fight. He went and got all his socks and then the boys had a sock fight. Now Andrew and Jacob want to have a sock fight every night.
The other day I was downstairs running and I could hear the boys upstairs laughing. I decided to go and check on them. I found them making funny faces at each other with their glasses on. It is fun to see them play together, although they seem to get in more trouble together.

7 comments:

Amy said...

So cute! The sunglasses and the snowball fight idea. You could definately do more cakes. Elmo and Scooby look great. -Amy

Karen Kunzler said...

Their "faces" are hilarious!!!! As far as the "snow ball" fight. It sounds like typical Doug. I still remember when Doug put on red socks on Andrew's hands as a baby and they had a boxing match. It was great talking with you today as always...sorry my phone died again, it wasn't fully charged. Love ya!

Stott Family said...

Your cake making skills are excellent. I was excited to see how fun Andrew's would be. He look like he's feels pretty special. Those boys love there mom and dad. Your going to have to get baby sun glasses for the next one too!

Anonymous said...

Cute cake, Bonnie. Is Jacob trying to choke himself in the picture with the Play Doh? I'm glad to finally see Jacob's line. What cute boys.
Love, Grandma Stott

The Beals said...

Hey!!! I'm finding friends all over the place! I havn't seen you FOREVER! Your little family is sooo darn cute! Hope all is well! Come visit us at babblinbeals.blogspot.com
Chelsey (Torgerson)

Adam and Melisa said...

I have one that lines things up too...it is a sign of pure genious! Watch out...soon he'll be reciting the alphabet backwards!

juliette said...

Yes- those are the best pictures ever. Once again Dad's come up with the most creative play (sock balls) and nothing beats the sunglasses shot. Your boys are adorable- I'm excited to say I am pregnant. I am desperatley trying to wait until atleast 10 weeks before posting on the blog. I'm six weeks right now and my first appointment is in two weeks so it will be a long wait to even find out if I'm actually pregnant. I wish I could be cool and wait another month before telling you, but you know me. I'm sure it will be posted on the blog tomorrow! When is your due date? Mine is the end of November.