Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's a .....

Friday we went to the doctor to have our big ultrasound and find out if we are adding to the basketball team, or starting on the cheerleaders. When the tech started she kept saying how active the baby was...just like the boys. Then she measured the head and said it would be probably another 8 pounder...just like the boys. Then she took a peek to see if it was a boy or a girl...and it looked just like the boys. Yes, we are still working on the basketball team.
When we told Andrew the news, he cried which didn't help me at all. Our house will be a wild and crazy place, but we are truly grateful that he was healthy and strong! Now comes the hardest part...coming up with a name. Doug and I have a VERY difficult time with boy names. We have had girls names picked out from when Andrew came along. We might call him baby Hobbs until he is old enough to pick his own name. I think this might be the only way to have peace in our marriage. Hopefully someday I will get to use the girl names. Till then, we will start playing the lottery so we can afford missions or maybe Doug will have to take up poker. (He loves to watch poker on TV.) Everyone at church today said, I guess you will have to try again. My thought was...is everyone CRAZY! I don't see myself with 10 children TRYING for a girl.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! You guys are such cute parents. This little buddy is probably so excited to come to your family.

Karen Kunzler said...

You are awesome!!!! I think baby Hobbs sounds good don't you? Hey if you are like the Kunzlers you just reuse names over and over again :)

Stott Family said...

I use to say that to people, "Hey just keep trying" and then I had one of my own. I don't say that anymore. Best of luck with the name. I'm not picky but Lance is. So I guess you get two picky people and I bet it can get interesting.

juliette said...

What! ok- we both know you will try again, and it better be a girl! 3 boys is Adam's dream and your house will be crazy but soooo much fun! Congratulations! I can't wait to find out what I'm having. Malloy tells me every day that it is a girl and even prays for a girl each night- they're pretty close to the veil so we will see. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see the new addition.

sharpest family said...

Oh Bonnie, I totally feel you. I was happy Olivia was a girl and even happy to get Makell. Then came Jocelyn. I was a little bummed but still ok. Then when I was prego with Macey our midwife did the ultrasound on two separate occasions and said it was a boy. We were ecstatic. So it made it all that much worse when he said it was another girl. Of course now we're very happy we've got her. Maybe you'll get lucky though and the next one WILL be a girl, if not we can trade!! :)

sharpest family said...

Oh btw, Aaron loves watching poker on tv too.

Topher and Carma said...

I am so so excited for you guys! We can both do the 3 boys together. You will be a great basketball mom, good luck with the name, we are struggling too.

Jane Ellen said...

We have some great names for you guys. First of all John Hobbs sounds good, don't you think?!! JK
How about Diego, Armando, Manuel, Juan, Hugo. These are common Visalia names that we recommend.

Adam and Melisa said...

Congratulations! We love boys around here...I think I would be afraid of having a little girl! Hope you're feeling good!

Peggy said...

Congrats, you guys!