On the 4th we went to a parade and the boys got lots of candy and had a great time. After we came home and pulled out the slip and slide and barbecued in our back yard. Melinda bought fireworks, so the boys had a great time watching them that night.
During the week we went to the Como zoo. It is a smaller zoo, but it was perfect since we were all tired from staying up late and playing games.
Doug and I have found a really nice park that is about 10 min. from our house. We spent one day playing frisbee, baseball and horse shoes.
Grandma Hobbs brought nets and little cages for the boys to catch bugs. I'm not sure who had more fun, Andrew or Melinda chasing dragonfly's. I think that was Andrew's favorite part of the day. What a good idea Grandma had!
The last part of the week Doug and his Dad spent putting together our new swing set. They did a great job. Mom, Leslie and Melinda did a great job keeping the boys entertained so they would stay out of the way. Here Andrew and Jacob have their super capes on being spider man and super man. Leslie, Melinda and Dad also stained all the wood before we started the project. Now that it is done, it looks GREAT! Thanks for everyones help!
6 comments:
I love your big back yard. That swing set looks great, I'm jelous. 4th of July's are more fun with your own little kids and it looks like Andrew and Jacob had a great time.
Your boys are huge, adorable and I wish we lived next door! How is the pregnancy, I'm not finding out- what I'm having and I know it's crazy but oh well!
That is a REALLY nice swing set!!!! I love the pictures of the licorice (sp?) hanging out of their mouths and the one with their SUPER caps on. SO cute!!!!
Great swing set. I love the picture of Jacob playing baseball. He is so fun to watch. So glad you had such a fun time with the Hobbs.
Your little family is so cute and I love it when you post about you guys. How are you feeling? All I can say is that I'm done, I've had it, I'm ready so this baby needs to cook faster.
Looks like you are having a great summer.
Post a Comment