Friday, August 22, 2008

Potty Training...What was I thinking?

The count down is on until this little baby comes. I guess I thought I needed something to pass the time while I wait, so I decided it was a great time to potty train Jacob. I started last Wednesday and we had many accidents. Then Thursday was much better. By Friday things were going really good until...Jacob came downstairs with his pants off. I asked him if he had gone potty, he said yes. Then he turned around and I noticed some little brown "stuff" down his leg. I asked him if he had pooped and he said yes. I asked, in the toilet? No. Where is the poop? He said in the toilet. I told him to show me where he had pooped. He took me upstairs in the front room and said, here. I looked, but didn't see anything. Jacob, where is the poop? Upstairs in the toilet, Mom. Yes, Jacob pooped in the front room and was kind enough to his very pregnant mother to clean it up after himself.

Then Wednesday I was helping Andrew with the computer. Jacob opened the sliding door that goes out back and went pee. I heard him open the door, but wasn't paying attention to what he was doing until he started to laugh and said, Mom I pee outside. GREAT!

To top the week off he went upstairs today and went potty and then decided 2 squares of TP wouldn't be enough. He needed the whole roll of toilet paper in the toilet. I had a HUGE mess to say the least:)

I wish I had some pictures to post with this lovely story, but that was the last thing on my mind as I was cleaning up each and every mess.

3 comments:

Daughter of God said...

I feel for you!! Potty training hasn't been too good for us either. Well at least Brin pooed outside by the sand box and not inside. :] Good Luck!!

Jane Ellen said...

Oh man! I think potty training is worse than natural childbirth! Really, it's MUCH worse! You are definately crazy to start this now. I tried the same thing with Jared when Elaina was on the way. It took about nine or ten months after she came that Jared finally figured things out. My advice is to not get too excited. Give yourself a break!!

Grandma Stott said...

It's probably a good thing I didn't write down my potty training days and just have very little memory of it.