Sunday, February 22, 2009

Great weekend project.

A couple of weeks ago our sump pump broke so we got water in our basement. (For all you people out west, here in Minnesota we have a sump pump in our basement to pump out the water that gets under our house. If you have a basement, you have a sump pump.) I realized I need to do better in our storage room so things don't get ruined when and if our basement floods again. Thursday I told Doug that our weekend project was going to be to put in shelves in our storage room. I have been wanting to do this since we moved in. Now I had a little motivation to get it done.

Storage room BEFORE...



Storage room AFTER...

We didn't finish until late last night, so I didn't get to organize everything yet. I know what I will be doing tomorrow...organizing my new and improved storage room. The organization natzie in me is so excited for my new project. On the other side of the room we are going to build another set of shelves for my food storage.
For those who know me well know how I love to organize things. When I was a small child I would never do the light bright. I would dump out all the little pieces, get a TV dinner tray and separate all the colors in each compartment. I know this is a STRANGE thing to do.
Anyway, I can't wait to have my storage room all organized!!

6 comments:

Karen Kunzler said...

GO DOUG!!!!!! I am impressed with the selves!!!! What a great husband!!!!!

Peggy said...

I am so jealous! We just ordered a year's supply of food and have no shelves to put it all on. Chris insists we can just put it on the floor, but i desperately want to organize it all on shelves. Will you lend us Doug to come build some for us?

Grandma Stott said...

Well done you two. Good job. Bonnie you will have organizing your food storage. I remember how you loved organizing our food storage.

Stott Family said...

Nice work. Shelves make things look so nice and are such space savers. I seem to be able to keep putting stuff in our storage room even if it looks full. Hopefully you won't have a water problem again though.

Aunt Kathy said...

Bonnie,
Tell Doug he can come to my house now and do some work!!!!!!!!!
I really like the shelves. I bet you are really enjoying them. I have finally started to figure out this blog stuff. It is not easy trying to teach a old dog some new tricks.
I am still at Erroleens, and will be until after March 2nd. It will be 5 weeks. I sure feel sorry for her, but she has been great about it all. Having 3 surgeries in one week was a little hard on this old girl.
You have such a sweet family. I am so pleased for you and happy. It is really hard for me however, to see you all grown up with your own family. I still have you as that little girl that came every summer and crafted and had mud fights. I love you very much sweetheart and do take care of your self.

Love, Aunt Kathy

Jane Ellen said...

Wow! That is so great! Wish I had a room like that.