This year I would like to start some fun family traditions for Valentine's Day, but I'm not sure what to do. Does anyone have some ideas of fun things they do with their kids for Valentine's Day?
Cookies, of course. I also like to put a little box of chocolates on their pillows or their dinner plate. And delivering valentines to their friends and teachers.
we do the cookies, and we make homemade suckers (so the kids can take them to school for their valentine's) on valentine's day We make red heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. and On their plates before they eat is a valentine from ben and I. I just love valentine's day! This year we are also going to make heart shaped cup cakes. :]
Cookies are a definate must. I also try to make a lot of heart shaped food (I have a big heart cookie cutter that is perfect for sandwiches and pancakes) This year I decided to start a new tradition. When I was a kid my parents would play restraunt with us. My mom made menus and was the chef and my dad was the waiter. We are going to open a valentine diner in our kitchen for lunch on valentines day. I think they will like it even more than going out, because we are pretending with them.
Bonnie, I use Photoshop Elements for my digital scrapbooking. I LOVE it cause it can do just about anything. It takes a bit of practice to figure it all out, but it is totally worth it. Good luck!
Ok- a little too late but my sister heart attacked her own house! The kids went outside to find all the paper hearts taped to trees, some sticking out of the ground on popsicle sticks and they were so excited! I want to do that next year. Also, she made heart pancakes! Miss you- happy v-day!
My comment is a little too late also. We started a heart attack tradition this year too, but instead of doing our own house we went to someone elses and put heart valentines outside thier door and then rang the door bell and yelled heart attack surprise. This year we did Mike's brother Chris and his family, but I think it would be neat to do it for a neighbor, widow, or friend we love next year. I wanted to tape the hearts to the door, but I was afraid of ruining the paint. I like the yarn Idea from the Stott family post. Can't wait to hear what you did.
8 comments:
Cookies, of course. I also like to put a little box of chocolates on their pillows or their dinner plate. And delivering valentines to their friends and teachers.
we do the cookies, and we make homemade suckers (so the kids can take them to school for their valentine's) on valentine's day We make red heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. and On their plates before they eat is a valentine from ben and I. I just love valentine's day! This year we are also going to make heart shaped cup cakes. :]
Cookies are a definate must. I also try to make a lot of heart shaped food (I have a big heart cookie cutter that is perfect for sandwiches and pancakes) This year I decided to start a new tradition. When I was a kid my parents would play restraunt with us. My mom made menus and was the chef and my dad was the waiter. We are going to open a valentine diner in our kitchen for lunch on valentines day. I think they will like it even more than going out, because we are pretending with them.
A cute one is the night before string yarn around the house (diff. colors for each kid) and at the end of the string is a Valentines Suprise.
Bonnie, I use Photoshop Elements for my digital scrapbooking. I LOVE it cause it can do just about anything. It takes a bit of practice to figure it all out, but it is totally worth it. Good luck!
Ok- a little too late but my sister heart attacked her own house! The kids went outside to find all the paper hearts taped to trees, some sticking out of the ground on popsicle sticks and they were so excited! I want to do that next year. Also, she made heart pancakes! Miss you- happy v-day!
My comment is a little too late also. We started a heart attack tradition this year too, but instead of doing our own house we went to someone elses and put heart valentines outside thier door and then rang the door bell and yelled heart attack surprise. This year we did Mike's brother Chris and his family, but I think it would be neat to do it for a neighbor, widow, or friend we love next year. I wanted to tape the hearts to the door, but I was afraid of ruining the paint. I like the yarn Idea from the Stott family post. Can't wait to hear what you did.
Hey I just wanted to thank you for the cute valentines your boys made. and for the picture. We hope you had a great day and are doing well.
Post a Comment