After living in this house for almost 2 years, we decided to finally paint our bedrooms. This is Andrew and Jacobs room. It was fun to paint it a bright blue and tan. Then we put the green wood around the middle of the room. I love how it looks and I'm excited to make curtains and bedspreads to match.
We bought this car when we were living in Arizona where EVERYONE tints their windows and it is always a lot darker than it should be, but the cops don't really do anything about it. Here in Minnesota that is different. Doug has been pulled over twice in the last couple of months for having to dark of tint on our car. The last time he got pulled over he was given a warning, but given a piece of paper he has to get signed by a cop that he removed the tint. After calling around and finding out it was very pricey, Doug looked on the Internet to find out how we could do it ourselves. He bought a steamer and it only took about 2 hours to remove it.
Here is Jacob sitting in time-out for peeing down the driveway. I was in the garage painting the trim for the boys bedroom when Andrew came in and said, Mom Jacob just peed down the driveway. I thought yea right, but Jacob said yep I sure did. He was sitting here for awhile.
In the afternoon while we were waiting for paint to dry, we played soccer. The boys love to play with their Dad in the backyard soccer.
Danny even played with the big boys.
We also went for a walk because it was a beautiful day here in Minnesota.
The last couple of weeks we have been working on our bedroom. It has been a deep red for the last 2 years. I'm sooo glad to have that gone and have all the walls tan except the wall our bed is on. I painted it dark chocolate brown stripes. I still have some decorating to do on the walls, but I love not having red on every wall in my bedroom.
Danny is crawling everywhere and loves to be able to sit and play with toys.
Today is was fun to see all 3 boys playing batman, although Andrew and Jacob aren't too sure about Danny joining in the fun.
10 comments:
Wow! Sounds like a painting spree. I've got a couple rooms you could do if you're still in the mood...
Peeing down the driveway? At least it wasn't in the house!
My boys are famous for peeing outside. I love the picture of him, he's so proud, LOL!!! :) Boys, ya gotta love 'em.
I am wanting to paint some rooms also, but I can't find the time yet. You did a great job!
Your family is so cute! I'm so glad we can stay in touch! We should try to get together when we are out there this summer! We would love to see ya'll even if just for a bit=)
The walls look fabulous and we were totally laughing at the tint, aahhhhh how we miss AZ. I read aloud Jake's story to Eric and Nate started laughing. I told him not to get any ideas. :-)
Wow, the paint looks great! Way creative. I hope you had fun, I don't think Lance wants to paint anything ever again. What a productive Saturday. So boys pee where there not suppose to? Hehe, I'm in for a real treat having a boy aren't I. Danny is getting so grown up and handsome.
I love the brown in your bedroom! I can't believe you got that much done in one Saturday.
I wasn't sure how to respond to your question. I don't have your e-mail. We went to the Arizona Grand in Phoenix. Not far away. perfect for the weekend. There is a waterpark included in the resort.
How fun!!!! Man what a busy weekend. I LOVE the boys rooms, and your bedroom wall. You are amazing. I think my husband prays I become like you when it comes to the painting.
Your paint looks great. I love the tint removal- you were so excited to do something for free that would have cost a lot, and I also love that a beautiful day still means zip up hoodies for everyone and some fleece blankets. I don't want to know what a cold day is like. When are you moving back to AZ? Tell Doug to save that tint.
Doug...always getting in trouble with the law :} So is that what boys do, pee in the driveway?! Just want to be ready for when Treyvan gets a little older :)
So I might still be able to meet up with you in July. Our plans have changed and I think I will be in Utah around Aug 1st. Yay!
Post a Comment