Then we headed to get our friends Harry, Gricelda, and Abby for the parade. We stopped at Subway to get lunch and then found our favorite place for the parade. We have found a place where no one sits so our kids are able to get tons of candy because no one else is around. The boys love the parade every year and Andrew and Jacob liked showing Abby what to do at the parade.
After the parade we went over to Harry's house for a bbq. We had hamburgers, hotdogs and brats. It was nice to let the kids run around while we visited. The Chaska City fireworks are done over a lake that is close to Harry's house, so we were able to sit in their front yard and watch the fireworks. The boys thought they were great. We also bought sparklers for the boys. As Jacob was putting the sparkler on the grass and on his shoe I wondered why do we give a stick with fire on it to a 3 year old. What were we thinking!!
Friday night our neighbors invited us over for a bbq also. The boys loved making smores in the backyard. We are so grateful to have wonderful neighbors who take care of us out here in MN.
Out here in Minnesota the Lutheran church is really big. There is a Lutheran elementary school here that puts on a lot of community events that are free. In June I took the boys to the summer event. They had free lunch and lots of games for the kids. I'm always amazed at what fun things they do for the community and it is all FREE.
DUNK TANK
PING PONG TOSS
THE BOYS FAVORITE GAME
HORSE RIDES
HIT THE GOLF BALL IN THE CHURCH
SWEET DANNY
ZACK, BEN, ANDREW, & JACOB. These are the neighbors that the boys play with every day.
4 comments:
What a fun filled 4th of July! Andrew is 10 years old and I love the parade story! We had a parade too and I'm sad to admit that I was kind of a crazy mom yelling-CANDY! All the kids around us were big and getting all the candy, so there I was competing with the 10 year olds. Mother bear! Looks like you guys are really enjoying yourselves back east...waaaaaaaa!!!
What fun things the boys have enjoyed. Great pictures.
What a fun Saturday. Those are handsome boys. They seem like their at a stage where all those things are so, so fun. I can't believe how grown up Danny is getting, where does the time go?
What an awesome 4th! My boys are jealous of your boys' sparklers!
Post a Comment