Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Out of the Mouth of Babes

The other night we had sent the boys to bed. (They share a room with bunk beds.) Doug was on his way upstairs when Andrew came out of the room crying. Andrew said, "Dad, Jacob just called me stupid." Doug told him he would talk to Jacob. As Doug walked into the room Jacob said, "but Dad I forgot his name."
Are you kidding me. I have laughed and laughed over that one. I never know what Jacob is going to say next!
Also, last week Andrew was sick. I said family prayers and sent the boys to bed. Andrew woke up the next morning and was still sick and was unable to go to school. Later in the day Andrew asked me why he was still sick because I had said a prayer that he would get better. He then said, Mom, you must not have had very much faith when you said your prayer. I laughed and said thanks! Then we had a nice talk about how you don't always get what you pray for.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

That's hilarious!! I love what they come up with.

Peggy said...

So funny! Sometimes I wish I could get into the minds of my kids just because it would be so funny.

Sandy and Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy and Jason said...

I just love your stories Bonnie! Jacob cracks me up!

Stott Family said...

That Jacob sound like he keeps you laughing. I love the age our kids are all at because its when they say the funniest things.

Brady and Jess said...

That is too funny! Hey, we are heading out to MN on the 25th, I dont know how much time we will have, but if there is some way some how we could meet that would be so cool! I would love to see you guys and meet the boys, even if its only for a few minutes! Let me know your plans!