Monday, December 28, 2009

We had a wonderful Christmas. This was the first year we have stayed home and not gone to Utah. It was fun to do our own Christmas Eve and let the boys wake up and have a quiet Christmas Day.

Christmas Eve I made a ham and potaotes dinner. After dinner they boys opened the gifts they had bought each other. It was great to see how excited they were to exchange gifts. I wanted to go drive around and look at Christmas lights, but there was a HUGE snow storm. We stayed home for 3 days while it snowed. We were grateful for a wonderful neighbor who kept our drvieway cleared with his snowblower.

Christmas morning we were up at about 7:00 am to open presents. Andrew came in our room at 1:00 am to see if we could get up, but to his dismay, we sent him back to bed. Then at 1:30 a.m. he came back in our room to tell us that he had tried to go to sleep, but couldn't. Once again he was sent to bed. Jacob woke him up when he got up.

(Looking at this picture, I can't believe how big my boys are getting. When did Danny change from a baby to a little boys. SAD MOM!)
This past summer while we were in Utah, my Dad took the grandsons to the golf course. After that Jacob wanted REAL golf clubs. Then in the fall Doug bought new club's, so Jacob decided he wanted clubs "like Dad's" for Christmas. I gave Jacob a magazine with lots of toys in it and told him to circle the things he wanted Santa to bring him. He handed back the magazine and said he only wanted golf clubs like Dad's. Santa was kind to Jacob and Andrew and brought both of them clubs. I must admit they are SO cute. They each have a bag and 3 clubs. Too bad there is over a foot of snow on the ground.
The boys also got nerf guns, light sabers and new p.j. (as you can see Andrew could use some), and the family got a Wii. The day after Christmas our new neighbors invited us over to their house to go sledding in their backyard and then have hot chocolate and taco soup. We are so excited to have another LDS family move out by us. That makes 4 families that live in the town we live in. What a blessing!
I didn't think Danny would really like the snow, but he loved it! He had a hard time moving in all his clothes, but had lots of fun. Look at that happy face!

This isn't the best movie, but that is Danny going down the hill.



When I uploaded my pictures I found this one. What cute boys!

5 comments:

Karen Kunzler said...

Cute cute. Yes I was going to comment on Andrew's pj's. Santa was so smart and new that he needed ones with KNEES in the pants:) Amen to Danny becoming a little boy. There is sadly no baby left in him except for the diaper. So sad. Love ya!!!!

Carol Davis said...

I was going to say the same thing Karen did about the P'J's. I'm glad Santat brought new ones. Those old ones must be his favorite. It looks like you have such a fun Christmas. We also stayed at home for the first time. It was so nice. We Skped over the internet with Family and my parents came to visit also. Hope you have a great New Year's!

Stott Family said...

Hey Bonnie, it was nice to talk with you. Glad the kiddos like to sled, even as cold as it is there. You can come make Christmas dinner at my house next year, yum.

Allison said...

Bonnie, Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog with the address to your blog. I'm always thinking of the Hobbs and wondering what is going on in everyones lives. Does anyone else have a blog? We sure do miss family, Utah and the comforts of the USA but we are totally enjoying our European experience. Tell Mr. Doug hello and your family is absolutely adorable. All boys, WOW!!!! I'll keep checking back often for I love blog reading!!!!! Allison

Sandy and Jason said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful holiday season. But we sure missed you and your family here in Utah! Maybe next year! Tell Doug congrats on going back to school...he is a way too busy man! We love and miss you!