Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Jacob!

Jacob's birthday always causes me to reflect on that event in my life and be amazed at how things have changed. I can't believe that it has been only 4 years since we left Arizona. It seems like a life time ago that we lived in the sunny, warm, beautiful desert. (Oh how I long for that weather as the snow falls here in Minnesota.) As I think about the day Jacob was born, I remember how strangely calm I was. Through Jacob's whole pregnancy I was very scared for the delivery because of how horrible Andrew's delivery was. On our way to the hospital I was very calm and not really nervous at all. As I sat in my hospital bed, Doug asked me if I was okay because I was just sitting there taking it all in. I'm not sure if in the rush to put our house up for sale, get ready to move, and everything else, I didn't have time to worry about the delivery of Jacob. When I found out I would have a c-section, I really wasn't scared...very strange for me! Over the years, as I have thought often about that time in my life I have come to realize how blessed I was with the comforter. I have always known that the Holy Ghost is called the comforter, but have not had such a real experience with it. I'm VERY grateful that all went well that day, and that spunky little Jacob is in our family. He keeps me laughing all the time. I never know what he is going to say, which can be scary sometimes. He loves to play super heroes with Andrew and do anything with Andrew. He looks forward every day when Andrew gets home from school so they can play together. Jacob loves to jump on the couches, dance on the floor and be rough and tough like little boys should be. We are very blessed to have our little ball of energy in our family. We love you Jacob!!
We went to Red Robin for Jacob's birthday lunch. He was so excited for the servers to come and sing a birthday song to him. When they came to sing, he wasn't as excited. All the sudden he became very shy
Jacob enjoying his ice cream sunday.
We had to spend the afternoon at Chuck E Cheese

Jacob couldn't decide on a cake all week. Most of the week he wanted a scooby doo cake, but by the end of the week he decided he wanted a spiderman cake.
Jacob got a VeggieTales movie, a truck, Wall E coloring book, an abc game and some other fun toys.
Jacob also got some balloons. The boys had a great time playing with them.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!

6 comments:

Sandy and Jason said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Wow Bonnie where has the time gone? If only they can stay little forever! Pretty soon your little ones will be driving your suv around town like my little Trevor! LOL!

Karen Kunzler said...

How stinking cute are your boys? Seriously!!!!! Jacob has grown up so much!!!! And Danny it is crazy to say reminds me of Isaac a little. It is crazy to think 4 years ago you had SO much craziness going on in your life. And now you have moved once again to an even COLDER place than the previous. Isn't life funny? Love ya, Love you JACOB!!!!!!!

Stott Family said...

Looks like a great party! Your boys are pretty darn handsome. I don't believe how grown up Danny is getting, plus Jacob is a preschooler now, wow, where does the time go. Happy b-day Jacob M was glad to talk with you!

brandon and jakell said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Looks like he had a lot of fun! Cute kids!




www.smileadaygiveaways.blogspot.com

Grandma Stott said...

Life would sure be dull without Jacob. Grandpa Stott warned about him coming into the world backwards.
Danny is the one growing in leaps and bounds. Certainly not a baby anymore.

Grandma Stott said...

I love Jacob's smile with his spiderman cake. Cute cake.