On March 20th we took Andrew's favorite school friend, George, and his favorite neighborhood friend, Zach to the MN Zoo for his 6th birthday. As I looked in the back of the van and saw all these boys all I could do was laugh. They had so much fun together that day.
Andrew's 2 friends hadn't been to the zoo in a long time, so it was fun to be able to take them. My boys are starting to get board with the zoo, but I think it is a great place for little monkeys to run and play.
George, Andrew, Zach & Jacob, silly little boys!
After the zoo we took all the boys to McDonalds and bought them each a happy meal. I love how little things make these boys happy. They were so excited to have a happy meal with a toy.
Andrew got a new bike for his birthday. He is a little nervous to learn how to ride such a big bike without training wheels. I'm sure there will be some scraped knees and tears before he is riding this bike all by himself.
Andrew wanted to go to Red Robin for his birthday meal. This is the same place that Jacob went for his meal. Andrew saw how big the ice cream that Jacob got for his birthday, so Andrew wanted a big ice cream too. Andrew also liked the song that they sing for your birthday. His smile says it all!
I can't believe that Andrew is 6. He is such a good big brother to Jacob and Danny. He is really good at including Jacob with his friends when they come to play. Andrew is learning the piano and has done very well at it. He also LOVES school and can't wait until next year when he gets to go to school every day. I'm sure it will be another big adjustment for Jacob when Andrew is at school every day. We love you Andrew and are grateful you are in our family!
Danny has discovered dipping food in sauces and loves it. Here is Danny at Red Robin LOVING the ketchup with the fries.
Last Thursday Danny cut himself on a soup can lit. I had just got off the phone with Doug, who was on his way home from work. Danny found a soup can in the garbage and got his finger stuck between the lid and the side of the can. I went over to help him get his finger out. I started to bend the lid, so I could get his finger out. Danny pulled his finger out and cut it REALLY bad. I called Doug freaking out telling him that Danny had cut his finger and it was really bad. Doug said he would meet me at the hospital, but I told him I would have to wait for him to come because I couldn't drive and take care of Danny. His finger was bleeding really bad. When Doug got home he looked at it and said we definitely needed to head for the hospital.
Once we got there and admitted, (why does it take so long when your child is bleeding for someone to help you at the ER?) Danny did really good. Doug held his finger with a dish rag on it to stop the bleeding. They gave Danny 2 shots in the base of his finger to deaden it so they could stitch it up. 6 stitches later and he is all better.
We have had the most BEAUTIFUL March. This is the first March in over 100 years that Minnesota hasn't had snow. I'm glad I was here to enjoy it. The boys have enjoyed getting their clubs out that they got for Christmas and start practicing. Doug was excited to find a golf course not far from our house that there isn't an age limit. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture, but Doug is in HEAVEN!
Welcome Spring!
6 comments:
Wow Bonnie! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! Danny just isn't a baby anymore...sniff sniff. Happy Birthday Andrew! I hope you had a great time with your friends!
Looks like the boys had a fun time at the zoo. Nice bike Andrew. I know you will be zooming around in no time. I love Andrew's smile with the ice cream. Danny's finger looks mighty sore. Good luck with getting those stitches out. It's a good thing you live in MN because here in Utah there is still snow (AGAIN today) on the golf courses.
Poor little guy. I hate having to deal with getting stitches, so traumatizing and you feel so bad.
Happy birthday again Mr. Andrew. Sure hope you had a fun day. And hope that little Danny's finger heals quickly and doesn't get too itchy.
I love your birthday party idea. Fun and easy. Happy Birthday Andrew!! Poor little Danny. He looks like a very brave boy. Can't wait to see you all in two weeks!
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!! So glad Andrew had such a great birthday. I am sure Doug is loving having his boys play golf with him:)
Post a Comment