The other day I was in the checkout line at Target and this cinnamon Trident gum was calling my name, so I bought a package.
Last night as I got a piece out to chew, the smell of the gum all the sudden took me back to when I was around 8 years old. I was in my frontroom at home in Richfield and my Grandpa Stott was there. When I was younger, he was a very big man, so he would wear blue suspenders and always had Trident gum in his pocket shirt. I was taken back to a time when Grandpa and Grandma had come to visit my family. I remembered how Grandpa would give us each a piece of gum. It is funny to me how a smell can remind you of a memory. Froot Loops also has the same effect. My Grandma Stott always had froot loops for us when we would go and visit them in Green River. I can't eat fruit loops without thinking about all the wonderful memories of visiting my grandparents.
My Grandparents have both passed on, but I'm so grateful for the good people they were and the love that I felt from them every time I got to see them.

6 comments:
Isn't it funny how certain smells can bring up memories?
Thanks Bonnie, I needed that tonight! Love Aunt Erroleen
Love the memories!!!! I remember the gum also, but the flavor I don't remember like you do. As for the fruit loops....always think of Grandpa and Grandma Stott's. I will be getting them for when Mom and Dad come even though that isn't their type of cereal. Got to keep the memories flowing.
It's fun to hear others memories. Your boys look so handsome. I bet never a day goes by in your house that someone makes someone else laugh or smile.
I'm wondering what memories our grandchildren will have of us. It won't be Fruit Loops.
This picture made me cry. ;) I loved their house...all rustic and used and them always standing on the porch waving good-bye as we were on our way home. This is how I remember them. :) Thanks
Post a Comment