For our 10 year anniversary we decided to go to Hawaii. We were actually married in August, but couldn't go because Nathan was too little. We waited until Grandma Stott could come and watch all the boys for a week.
We flew out on Thursday morning and got to Oahu that evening. On Friday morning we were still on Minnesota time so we woke up at 3:00 am. We got up and got ready, Skyped with the boys and went to McDonald's for breakfast.
We were ready to start seeing things by 7:00 a.m. It was great because we didn't have any problem with traffic getting out of Waikiki. We first headed up to the North Shore. On the way we saw these really cool trees. We were so excited to be in Hawaii that we pulled over and took pictures of lots of cool things the first day.
As we drove up the North Shore we stopped along the coast to walk along the beach. It was BEAUTIFUL!
It was so early in the morning that Wiamea Falls wasn't open so we drove all the way up the North Shore. We also stopped at Ted's Bakery to get a snack because we had been up for so long.
We drove back to Waimea Falls and were able to get into see that falls. When I went to Oahu as a 10 year old, I remember seeing the peacocks at Waimea Falls. I was so excited to see the same thing again.
We walked up the path to the falls. It was so pretty to walk through the trees and little stream.
The falls weren't quite as big as I remember as a child. It was so early in the morning that it was a little to cold to go and swim in the water.
I thought I might be brave, but I didn't get to far in the water before I decided it was too cold!
After the water fall, we decided to go and relax at the beach. We went to sunset beach and enjoyed the beautiful ocean waves and the sand in our feet. We hadn't planned on staying long, so neither of us put on sunscreen. We paid for this decision for the rest of our vacation.
Next we went to Pizza Bob's for lunch. It was delicious!
We parked along the road and walked down to Shark's Cove to snorkel. This ended up being a little dangerous. The rocks were really jagged and slippery. Doug cut the bottom of his foot which we wondered if it was the best idea to go swim in "Shark's" cove. We spent the afternoon swimming around and seeing all the fish in this cove. It was so beautiful under the water!
To end the day we went to Matsumoto's for shaved ice. It tasted so good after our long day in the sun! We headed back to our hotel to relax and get ready for the next day.
1 comment:
So fun to see your pictures.
Post a Comment