Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lost family member

Yesterday Doug sold his very first car. He bought this car after his mission and has driven it to work everyday for the last 10 years. My favorite memory of the car was our trip to San Diego with Dan and Kirty 2 months before we were married. I think that trip was when I knew I couldn't live without Doug.
That car has been from Arizona to Utah MANY times. Then it was taken on a truck to Boise where is was very reliable and then went on the long truck ride here to Minnesota. It was a little sad to see this part of our life be sold, but Doug said it was nice to have the cash in his pocket.
Good by to our trusty old Grand Am.

3 comments:

John said...

NOOOOO!!!!! I can't believe that car is gone. Wow!! So what are you going to be driving now Doug???

JOHN

Grandma Stott said...

That is hard to let go of something that has been apart of your life for 10 years. Lots of memories. I think about selling our van or station wagon they really were apart of the family. But as Doug said the cash is nice. I'm so glad that you were able to sell it.

Anonymous said...

With the third kid comes the unfortunate "upgrade" to a MINI VAN... :( ... I am still working on coming around to the idea.

Doug