My little sister, Karen, called me the other day to tell me about her daughter, Loralee, who had put a kernel of corn up her nose. That night Doug and I were laughing that Karen should just get her to sneeze and it would come out. The next day I called my Mom and was making a joke about the corn and told her that Karen needed to get Loralee to sneeze. My mom thought that was a good idea and called Karen to tell her to put pepper up her nose so the corn would come out. Karen did this and it really worked.
I was telling my boys about all that had happened and Andrew asked if the corn had gone so far up her nose to where the thing is that bites your finger. I asked him what he was talking about and he said if you put your finger up your nose too far, there is something up there that will bite your finger. I laughed and told him that there isn't anything up in your nose that will bite your finger. I guess when Andrew was little and picked his nose, Doug told him not to put his finger up too far or it would get bitten. Andrew never forgot this...Funny little boy!
n n n n
The other day we were all riding in the van and Doug and I were talking about Christmas. Doug asked me what Andrew wanted for Christmas. I said I wasn't really sure what he wanted. Doug asked Andrew what was the ONE thing he really wanted for Christmas. Andrew thought for a moment and then said, " Dad, I want a Nerf gun or an easy bake oven. " The look on Doug's face was priceless. I wish I would have had a camera to take a picture. Doug was shocked that his son wanted an easy bake oven. I was laughing so hard I started to cry. Andrew could tell his answer wasn't what we expected, so he asked what was so funny. Doug said, "you don't really want an easy bake oven." Andrew told us that he wanted to be able to make cookies whenever he wanted. Doug let Andrew know that he wouldn't be getting an easy bake for Christmas. I tried to convince Doug that it would be great to have a chief in the family, but he didn't agree.
8 comments:
Funny! Kids are the best. It just goes to show that you have to be careful what you tell them. They might remember it!
Oh man... I wish I could have seen Doug's face! The easy bake story makes me laugh whenever I think about it! I hope your family has a great holiday. We all miss you! Emily talks about Jacob and Andrew all the time!
Those two stories need to go in the journal! And I'm glad to know about the pepper up the nose trick. Hopefully I'll never need to use it, but with kids, you never know.
It WILL get bitten off by pliars!!!! Thanks for jotting down things for me. It is a little crazy here with KIDS PUTTING THINGS in places they shouldn't:)!!!!
Tell Doug I think he is a 'wuss' :-)
Ahhh come on all my brothers played with my easy bake oven too, but I don't think they admit it now :P Lance is with Doug.
Laurie here...Jeremy...your cousin...his wife...just FYI...:)
So Millie has been begging for an easy bake oven..Santa will finally be granting her wish...maybe the cousins can get together and your son can play with ours...too bad you don't live closer.
And can I say I love your christmas blog. Can I download these in a format that is large enough to print? Where did you get these fun graphics. I would love to use them on the cover of my 2009 Christmas scrapbook 9a;; digital these days thanks to heritage Makers...yea!) Anyway..I love them and wuold love the sire where you found them. Drop me an email if you can...
lauriekay_s at hotmail
Post a Comment